The PremierChoice Difference
- No Calendar Year Deductibles to Satisfy!
You receive “first dollar” benefit payments under each of the PremierChoice Specified Disease/Sickness and Accident Plans without first having to satisfy any calendar year deductible, which is different from ACA essential health benefit plans and many other plans that require the insured to first satisfy a calendar year deductible for network providers, and a separate calendar year deductible for non-network providers, before applicable medical expenses are eligible for payment.
- First Dollar coverage, up to the applicable benefit amount, available under both the PremierChoice Specified Disease/Sickness & the PremierChoice Accident Plans for Outpatient Doctor Office Visits!
Special “rollover” feature in each plan; if You don’t use Your benefits, You don’t lose them.
- Buy more coverage, if You need it, without additional underwriting!
Ask Your Agent about the Optional Single Step-Up Rider, the Optional Double Step-Up Rider and the Optional Medical Inflation Protection &Guaranteed Insurability Rider!**
- The PremierChoice Specified Disease/Sickness Plan with the Optional Medical Inflation Protection & Guaranteed Insurability Rider**, and the PremierChoice Accident Plan with the Optional Medical Inflation Protection Rider** are not ACA essential health benefits plans. However, while these are in full force and effect, You have the right to purchase additional coverage under Our PremierMed Short Term Medical-Surgical Expense Plan with no additional underwriting.*
- This plan pays in addition to any coverage You have in force.
- Lock in Your rate for 15 months at no extra charge!***
- 24 hour coverage, on or off the job.
Coverage You can depend on when You need it the most.
*The individual mandate under the Affordable Care Act (“ACA”) generally requires individuals to maintain “minimum essential coverage” in 2014 and beyond, or be subject to payment of the annual shared responsibility payment, the amount of which is based, in part, upon the individual’s household income each year. The PremierChoice Specified Disease/Sickness Plans and Accident Plans are health coverage plans which provide benefits on an expense incurred basis up to a maximum daily/monthly/ annual amount for covered services and are neither “essential health benefits plans” under the ACA, traditional major medical insurance plans, nor Workers Compensation plans under state law. PremierChoice Specified Disease/Sickness Plans and Accident Plans are “excepted benefit plans” under the ACA, but are not considered “minimum essential coverage” under it. Therefore, unless an insured under one of our PremierChoice Specified Disease/Sickness Plans and/or Accident Plans has an exemption from the ACA’s individual mandate or maintains “minimum essential coverage” under the ACA, the insured will be subject to the ACA’s “shared responsibility payment.”
** Depending on Your state of residence.
***The Premium Rate Guarantee Period does not apply to any rate change due to: change of address; addition of Insureds; change of benefits or options; change of Mode Of Premium Payment; group policy coverage, benefits, limitation or exclusion changes; or any future requirements of any federal or state law.
All products are not available in all states. Each product has exclusions, limitations, and terms under which the policy or certificate may be continued in force or discontinued. Benefits may vary by state. For costs and complete details of coverage, call your insurance agent. All products are underwritten by Freedom Life Insurance Company of America or National Foundation Life Insurance Company.